Tập Lái
13/2/20
Hi Friends, I am planning to drive to cambodia for a month and I got the clv-cbt permission from vietnam authorities. Do I get insurance at the border to be used in Cambodia? Does cambodia respect the vietnam driving license?Anyone with any experience ??

Thank you.

zak confirmed
Hạng B1
25/8/05
Hi Friends, I am planning to drive to cambodia for a month and I got the clv-cbt permission from vietnam authorities. Do I get insurance at the border to be used in Cambodia? Does cambodia respect the vietnam driving license?Anyone with any experience ??

Thank you.
I just got back from Cambodia. Driving to Cambodia several times, stopped by police seveal times, they never asked for insurace. I do not remember seeing any angency selling car insurance at all boders I have crossed on Cambodia land.

As for driving license, it has never been a problem to me using Vietnamese license with dual language (VN/EN) on it. Although, some people have recently mentioned that Cambodia police officers asked for the International Driving Permit. As getting IDP is very affordable and quick, I think you should consider getting one as precaution.

If you are leaving from Ho Chi Minh city, stay away from Moc Bai border as the Cambodia side will not officially let you through. I have always used Xa Mat border.

Prepare 100K VND notes (yes, VND) as you will need them on Cambodia side. They will let you know how much you have to pay.

Feel free to ask if you have further questions.

Reactions: maihoaos and majush
Tập Lái
13/2/20
Thank you Zak. I am planning to go from HCMC. Trouble is if any accident while in cambodia, it could be time wasted and problematic without an insurance. Thats why I want to get one. Will check with the consulate as well. Thanks for the tip on border to cross. Will follow.

Reactions: maihoaos